Announcing Bluewhite64 Linux pre-11.0-beta !
Bluewhite64 uses the 22.214.171.124 kernel bringing you advanced performance features such as the ReiserFS journaling filesystem, ext2, ext3, IBM's JFS, and SGI's XFS filesystems, SCSI, RAID, SATA controllers support and kernel support for X DRI (the Direct Rendering Interface) that brings high-speed hardware accelerated 3D graphics to Linux.
Among the many latest programs version and distribution enhancements, you'll find two of the most advanced desktop environments available today: Xfce 126.96.36.199, a fast and lightweight but visually appealing and easy to use desktop environment, and KDE 3.5.1, the latest version of the award-winning K Desktop Environment.
Bluewhite64 includes everything you'll need to run a powerful server or workstation. Each Bluewhite64 package follows the setup and installation instructions from its author(s) as closely as possible, offering you the most stable and easily expandable setup.
Here are some of the advanced features of Bluewhite64 Linux pre-11.0-beta!
- Runs the 188.8.131.52 version of the Linux kernel from ftp.kernel.org. The 184.108.40.206 Kernel support hardware such as SCSI controllers, SATA controllers, USB keyboards and mice, parallel-port IDE devices, IBM PS/2 machines with the Microchannel bus. When running a 2.6 kernel, Bluewhite64 supports udev. This is a system for creating devices in /dev dynamically, greatly reducing device clutter and making it easy to see what devices are actually present in the system.
- System binaries are linked with the GNU C Library, version 2.3.6.
This version of glibc also has excellent compatibility with existing binaries.
This is the X.Org Foundation's X Window System. The 6.9.0 version includes additional hardware support, functional enhancements and bug fixes.
- Installs gcc-3.4.6 as the default C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran-77, and Ada 95 compiler.
- Support for fully encrypted network connections with OpenSSL, OpenSSH, and GnuPG.
- Apache 1.3.36 web server with Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support, SSL, and PHP.
- PCMCIA, CardBus, and APM support for laptops. (pcmcia-cs-3.2.8).
Bluewhite64 also includes hotplug support. This locates and configures most hardware automatically as it is added (or removed) from the system. It also loads the kernel modules required by sound cards and other hardware at boot time.
- New development tools, including Perl 5.8.8, Python 2.4.3,
Subversion 1.3.2, and graphical tools like Qt designer and KDevelop.
- Updated versions of the Bluewhiet64 package management tools make it easy to add, remove, upgrade, and make your own Bluewhite64 packages. The slackpkg tool in /extra can also help update from an older version of Bluewhite64 to a newer one, and keep your Bluewhite64 system up to date. In addition, the new slacktrack utility (in extra/) will help you build and maintain your own packages.
- Includes KDE's Konqueror 3.5.3, Mozilla Seamonkey 1.0.2, and the immensely popular new Mozilla Firefox 220.127.116.11 and Mozilla Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 email and news client with advanced junk mail filtering.
- The complete K Desktop Environment (KDE) version 3.5.3, including the KOffice productivity suite, networking tools, GUI development with KDevelop, multimedia tools, the Konqueror web browser and file manager, dozens of games and utilities, international language support, and more.
- A collection of GTK+ based applications, including gaim-1.5.0, gimp-2.2.11, gkrellm-2.2.9, gxine-0.5.6, and pan-0.14.2.91.
- Large repository of extra software packages compiled and ready to run. This includes various window managers, fluxbox, fvwm-2.4.19, windowmaker-0.92.0, the K3b CD burning application for KDE, the Java(TM) 2 Software Development Kit standard Edition, libsafe (advanced buffer overflow protection for additional security) and much more (see the /extra directory).
- Many more improved and upgraded packages than we can list here. For a complete list of core packages in Bluewhite64 pre-11.0-beta, see this file:
Downloading Bluewhite64 pre-11.0-beta iso`s:
The full version of Bluewhite64 Linux pre-11.0-beta is available for download from the primary mirror located in Austria:
Support Bluewhite64 Linux
Please help support the Bluewhite64 Linux Project. Bluewhite64 Linux software is offered free over the Internet, so many users choose to make a voluntary contribution to support continued Bluewhite64 maintenance.
Donations can be done using credit cards, PayPal or bank transfer.
Please see: http://store.bin-sh.ro/bluewhite64
arny -- arny[at]bluewhite64.com
Latest News16 November 2009
Bluewhite Linux 13.0 LiveDVD is released!
This new version brings the possibility to boot the DVD in KDE (4.3.2), Xfce (4.6.1) or to the command line interface from the beginning. The LiveDVD is powered by the Linux Kernel 22.214.171.124 with advanced features and optimized for performance. Read more...
9 September 2009
Bluewhite Linux 13.0 is released!
This new version of Bluewhite brings many new and interesting features, improvements and packages updates. I like to share with you just a few and the important ones, but if you are interested to see all of them you have to download and install Bluewhite 13.0 Read more...
3 August 2009
Bluewhite Linux 13.0-RC2 is out!
will not say here to much about this Release candidate release, I reserve my words for the final one. Just a few notes about what we are "cooking" here. Read more...